Continual Professional Development For Security Professionals. Security CPD Global Is One Of The UK’s Leading Security Specific CPD Providers.
As the title implies this document is all about the Maritime Security Industry as this is not just about Big Tankers crossing Hostile Waters, but all of the trades that relate to security operations on Rivers, Lakes and Seas.
VIP’s travel in a wide variety of vessels ranging from river boats to luxury Yachts and the Shipping industry relies upon Armed Maritime Security Personal to help them navigate through piracy infested waters.
If you want to work within the Maritime Industry or you have a Principal that often goes sailing then you will need to be conversant with the rules, regulations, and requirements of the type of waters you will be going on. It is never good enough to have to totally rely on other people, we all need to take responsibility for our own and others safety.
An essential course if your going to sea is the STCW2010: Which basic seamanship and Safety.
So, what is included in the STCW 2010 Day Course:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Elementary First Aid
- Proficiency in Security Awareness
- 2010 Updates
STCW PROFICIENCY FOR SEAFARERS WITH DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES (1 Day)
- The ISPS Code
- Threats to the maritime transport industry
- Maritime security definitions
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Company and ship security requirements
- Security threat levels
- Security measures and procedures
Ship Security Officer (3 Day Course)
- Maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship’s security plan.
- Assess security risk, threat, and vulnerability.
- Undertake regular inspections of the vessel to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained.
- Coordinate the security measures for handling cargo.
- Monitor security equipment ensuring it is operated, tested, calibrated, and maintained.
Online STCW ISPS Security Awareness (PSA) Course (MCA)
- Be aware of the importance of ship security and the roles of those involved in its provision.
- Be aware of the requirements and measures to maintain ship security.
- Be able to recognise and report a security threat.
Where can I get these Courses: (we have no affiliation to these organisations unless specifically stated)
We advise caution when booking or looking for courses, that you fully research the requirements before committing to paying out. (Do you have a Job, could you get the relevant documentation to get on board a ship, Is the course recognised by the Industry etc).
Those listed below have been randomly selected off the Internet and have Maritime and Coastguard authorised courses:
- https://fmtcsafety.com/en/(Netherlands, USA, France, and Saudi Arabia)
Become A Recommended Provider Of Security CPD
Are you a Maritime Training Provider or Shipping company that would like to Join Security CPD Global and become a course provider?
(Information derived from the internet), You are responsible for researching any information found in this document and Security CPD Global Ltd takes no responsibility for any actions you take regarding this leaflet. Always seek professional advice from the MCA or Official sources.